Lead Teller - Full-Time (Brookfield)
Lead Teller - Full Time
Responsibilities include assisting with training and scheduling work hours of tellers. Capable of handling the most complex or unusual teller transactions. Performs teller duties in addition to supervising teller staff.
This is a Full-Time position is located at 171st and Bluemound Road in Brookfield, WI.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 7:30/8:30am - 6pm, and Saturdays 7:30/8:30am-Noon.
MINIMUM ONE YEAR PREVIOUS TELLER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 414-761-1610 or [email protected]
May perform any or all of the following:
- Process customer transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing in accordance with Bank policy.
- Maintain control of cash drawer and balance daily to the Teller terminal. Process all supporting documentation following Bank procedures.
- Expand current and solicit new customer accounts through cross selling of additional Bank products and services; refer customers to appropriate personal banking staff as necessary.
- Project the appropriate banking image through interaction and responsiveness to customer, public and department inquiries regarding account balances, Bank policy and general Bank information.
- Maintain working knowledge of Bank's products, services, regulations and procedures.
- Assist tellers with customer problems and in locating errors.
- Train newly hired tellers and all tellers when there are procedural changes.
- Maintain the communication system between tellers and other Bank departments.
- Supervise the various balancing functions of the Teller area, cash drawers and vault and prepare and monitor related reports.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge of several subjects in order to express complex thoughts clearly in writing, perform algebraic calculations, keep complex records and/or deal effectively with professionals and managers within and outside the Bank.
- A high degree of customer service orientation needed, including effective communication skills, sensitivity, judgement and initiative.
- The ability to handle high stress situations and maintain a high level of energy essential.
- Minimum one year previous teller experience.
- Able and willing to work weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of general Bank and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing to transact business with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer files.
May supervise staff of 2 or more.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a fax, typewriter, calculator, telephone, etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require light lifting. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to work independently and resolve problems. Must relate and interact with people at all levels in the Bank.