Loan Accounting Specialist
This is a Full-Time position located at 108th and Greenfield Ave in West Allis, WI.
LOAN ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST BASIC FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Loan Operations Supervisor, responsible for balancing and reconciling all loans. Balance and reconcile all subsidiary accounts for third party providers. Provide monthly reporting for SBA loans. Respond to loan payoff requests. Prepare management reports.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform any or all of the following:
- Balance and reconcile existing loan accounts to general ledger and subsidiary ledgers by branch; assure the accuracy of all posted entries and identify and reconcile any posting errors (unposted and reject items); reconcile suspense accounts.
- Receive (including checking the 95-Loans Maintenance mail box daily) and perform maintenance to loan accounts as required.
- Review “Unapplied Payments” reports and redistribute funds as needed daily.
- Answer inquiries from loan officers and other bank personnel regarding loan account information. Respond to loan officer payoff requests and prepare loan payoffs in accordance with instructions.
- Balance and reconcile subsidiary and custodial accounts to include, but not limited to North Central Insurance, FHLMC Custodial Accounts, and GLHEC accounts.
- Perform interface balancing, matching principal, interest and escrow to GL accounts.
- Prepare and transmit monthly SBA reports using internet sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Work requires a high school education or equivalent to include 10-key, typing and bookkeeping skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of loan department policies and procedures and knowledge of data entry normally acquired during six to twelve months of work experience.
- A moderate level of analytical ability is required involving basic accounting and data processing. Standard methods, guidelines and procedures are generally followed in resolution of such problems.
- Work is performed in accordance with specific procedures, but incumbents must set priorities, organize work and make occasional exceptions.
- Must be able to exchange information on factual matters with other departments and customers, which requires ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work requires constant alertness and continuous mental application where accuracy is essential.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, telephone and photocopier.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires dexterity and data entry skills.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must complete responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner on a regular basis. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Must be capable of prolonged periods of concentration.