Personal Banking Representative - Full-Time (Oak Creek)
This is a Full-Time Personal Banking Representative position, located on 27th and College in Oak Creek, WI.
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE BASIC FUNCTION: Performs all types of Personal Banking functions including promoting and selling Bank deposit services to new and existing customers, counseling customers on financial problems or product decisions. Also has an authority level to perform transactions up to $500.00 at In-Store Banks.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform any or all of the following:
1. Create and maintain close rapport with customers and promote Bank products and services to satisfy customer personal and financial needs and solicit and develop new banking relationships of all types to maximize Bank profits.
2. Maintain account stability by acting as a full service representative including opening and administering all types of consumer accounts, servicing assigned accounts, assuring the Bank of satisfied customers and profitable accounts.
3. Process customer transactions such as deposits, account payments, check cashing and account withdrawals.
4. Balance and reconcile daily transactions in cash drawer to the computer, preparing and processing all supporting documentation.
5. Perform aisle selling of the Bank's products, promotions or services to the store customers on a regular basis.
6. Prepare and process consumer account supporting documents for both new and existing account relationships, including any computer terminal input.
7. Monitor customer flow in lobby insuring that customers are being assisted efficiently and by the proper Bank personnel.
8. Organize and maintain various consumer banking files insuring that files are complete and up to date, maintain and replenish consumer banking supplies and inventory.
9. Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
10. Ability to travel to other locations, as requested by management
11. All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school education or equivalent knowledge of several subjects in order to express complex thoughts clearly in writing, perform algebraic calculations and deal effectively with professionals and managers within and outside the Bank.
2. A high degree of customer service orientation needed, including effective sensitivity, judgement and initiative.
3. Previous sales or retail exposure, with significant cash handling experience.
4. Must have a minimum of 6 months relevant bank experience requiring knowledge of general Bank and departmental policies and procedures. Incumbents must set priorities and organize work.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer files.
6. Ability and willingness to work weekends as needed.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate a computer and other office machines such as a fax, typewriter, calculator, telephone, etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require light lifting. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to work independently and resolve problems. Must relate and interact with people at all levels in the Bank.
Called upon to work flexible days, hours, and locations. Works in a typical bank setting.