Mortgage Loan Originator III
Invest In You! Tri City National Bank is your hometown bank. We believe in putting customers first, building relationships, and fostering a sense of community. We work in a team environment with opportunities for hard workers to grow personally and professionally. We enjoy celebrating success and great benefits along the way. Most importantly, we believe superior customer service paired with the right banking solutions help our customers and businesses fulfill their financial dreams, and our communities grow. Our ideal candidate believes in our mission, values continuous learning, and is comfortable adapting to change. If this resonates with you, apply today and come join our team. #investinyou
This is a Full-Time position. Our Corporate office is located near 27th and College in Oak Creek, WI.
This position is for a seasoned Mortgage Loan Originator/Officer who has experience in sales. Tri City National Bank offers a competitive salary based on the loan officer’s production goal (pay is not commissioned based). Tri City National Bank offers a full suite of home mortgage products including Conventional, FHA, VA, WHEDA, Portfolio ARMs, Single Close Construction ARM and Bridge loans. The loan officer will generate most of their business externally using their existing referral sources. Networking and relationship building activities will be integral to this individuals’ success. Tri City National Bank is a full-service community bank offering a complete array of retail and commercial banking products. This person will be expected to work closely with others within the bank and be a part of the team whose primary focus is to promote company growth by offering bank products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. This individual will be considered a relationship manager for their customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 414-761-1610 or [email protected]
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage a large pipeline of mortgage customers while ensuring timely loan closings.
- Perform all loan origination activities while adhering to compliance regulation and Bank policies and procedures. Remain up to date on industry, compliance and Bank policy and procedures.
- Manage customers through the entire loan process, from data collection and analysis through loan conclusion while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Set proper customer expectations and provide timely status updates to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Develop and execute a detailed business plan to include specific marketing activities designed to set and then meet production goals. Re-assess the plan periodically during the year and adjust as necessary.
- Seek prospective opportunities to retain and/or develop new client and referral relationships.
- Build effective working relationships with branches that you may be assigned to, both within the mortgage department and across other departments and other functional areas within the bank.
- Collaborate with management to develop and prepare loan solutions, products and services.
- Report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management.
- Two to four years’ experience as a successful mortgage loan originator. Two-year associate degree or four-year college degree is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills to effectively communicate with customers, team members and management.
- Ability to demonstrate control, flexibility and maintain high quality and productivity when dealing with customers
- Excellent in problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluidly changing industry
- High integrity and confidentiality required.
- Current referral base from Realtors, Financial Planners, Builders, etc.
- Proficient in PC skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using a mortgage loan origination system, Mortgagebot a plus.
- Knowledgeable on current lending regulations.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to discuss clearly the rates and terms of a transaction, evaluate credit requests for the appropriate mortgage product and coach applicant on options to improve the likelihood of approval if denied.
- Strong understanding of the Conventional, FHA, VA and WHEDA mortgage programs including the processing, documentation, underwriting and closing requirements.
- Working knowledge of qualified mortgage and ability to repay guidelines from the CFPB.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Passion and high energy for marketing and sales
- Proven ability in developing relationships
- Proven track record in the mortgage sales industry
- Strong knowledge of general banking products and services
- An Understanding of the everchanging mortgage industry in the digital age
- Active NMLS Number in good standing that can be transferred to Tri City National Bank.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate computer and other office equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must complete responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner on a regular basis. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position. Must be capable of prolonged periods of concentration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.