Document Review Specialist-Insurance Processing
This is a Full-Time position located at 108th and Greenfield Ave in West Allis, WI.
Invest In You! Tri City National Bank is your hometown bank. We believe in putting customers first, building relationships, and fostering a sense of community. We work in a team environment with opportunities for hard workers to grow personally and professionally. We enjoy celebrating success and great benefits along the way. Most importantly, we believe superior customer service paired with the right banking solutions help our customers and businesses fulfill their financial dreams, and our communities grow. Our ideal candidate believes in our mission, values continuous learning, and is comfortable adapting to change. If this resonates with you, apply today and come join our team. #investinyou
Under the direction of the Loan Review Supervisor, performs daily documentation review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 414-761-1610 or [email protected]
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform any or all of the following:
- Perform loan documentation reviews daily for all loan types with emphasis on obtaining signed and completed loan documents which adhere to both regulatory and bank policies.
- Contact bank officers for assistance in tracking documents when necessary; and, assist bank officers in amending or obtaining missing documents as may be appropriate.
- Indicate on document checklist all documents to be tracked, i.e. mortgage satisfactions, assignments, liens, etc. Add ticklers to the tracking system for any exceptions or annual financial tracking that is required per the profile.
- Distribute and follow up on assigned exceptions generated on the department’s computer tracking system as required in order to ensure that loan documents and all supporting documentation, such as insurance and title policies, are received.
- May assist in Hazard and Flood Insurance Monitoring processes. Functions may include processing daily insurance mail, verifying adequate coverage, contacting loan officers and insurance agents to assist in obtaining missing insurance documentation and force placing cancelled insurance coverage based on regulatory requirements.
- Report noted exceptions to compliance or bank policy to the Supervisor of Review Department.
- Review incoming titles and recorded documents and remove them from tracking. Be able to identify and properly address open mortgages, judgments, liens, etc.
- May assist the Title Review and Control Processor in placing orders, reviewing search documents to create commitments and reviewing final title policies, creating invoices and processing payments.
- Review incoming residential real estate evaluations and appraisals.
- Process mortgage loan files requested by Freddie Mac for their Post Funding Quality Control reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- In addition to knowledge normally acquired through a general high school education, work requires technical knowledge, which would be acquired by vocational training.
- Requires a minimum of two years of experience in the preparation and/or review of legal or financial documentation. Also requires proficiency in the use of computer applications for documentation preparation or review or for documentation exception tracking.
- Work is performed in accordance with specific procedures, but incumbents must set priorities, organize work and make occasional exceptions.
- Frequently involves contacts with bank officers to obtain information, which requires tact, good judgement and proper conduct to avoid friction and dissatisfaction and maintain harmonious relationships.
- Responsibility for confidential customer information where disclosure could have an adverse effect on the bank.
- Work requires constant alertness and continuous mental application where accuracy is essential.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator, telephone and photocopier.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must complete responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner on a regular basis. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position. Must be capable of prolonged periods of concentration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.